2008年8月14日星期四

Basketball ends (for me), ATHLETICS begins!

Shougang Basketball venue (above)

The fuwa weolcome you tothe Shougang Basketball Center


Today (Friday) marks the beginning of Athletics (track & field to the rest of us) at the National Stadium, aka the Bird's Nest. Thursday was our last day of flash quoting basketball players at the Shougang basketball venue. We interviewed women players from Australia and Mali.

Everyone at Shougang was so friendly and nice to my classmate Jim and I. They are a venue that is kind of out in the suburbs of Beijing, and they don't see much Olympic action. Everyday when Jim and I came in, they were so excited to see us. They offered us the best seats in the waiting area (the ones closest to the tv) and together we'd watch Olympic events while the basketball teams practiced. By the end of our five days there I was learning to write in Chinese characters and helping them with their English. It was definitely one of my favorite experiences here so far.

没有评论: