2008年8月12日星期二

Bits and Pieces...


pic: me wearing my 2008 Olympic-themed glasses.
Just woke up--watching mens field hockey--Australia vs. South Africa. Australia is up 6-0.


It's been great to hear how many of you back home are watching the Games and enjoying them. I am too. It's weird because for the most part, all the games/events I watch on TV are in Mandarin (Australia just scored another goal, 7-0) and it's been interesting, but hard too, because sometimes I just want to know what is going on! Luckily there are plenty of websites (nbc, boston.com, yahoo) where I can check everything out. I still haven't seen the complete video of the USA mens' amazing relay victory in swimming, which stinks, but I CAN tell you the name of the Chinese woman who set a World Record in the Clean & Jerk weightlifting (Chen Xiexia). Overall, though, I am enjoying it. Because I get to see events and athletes that I would probably never watch back home.


Australia just scored again...8-0.


***********************************************************************************

A funny little story about flash quoting at basketball practice. A couple days ago we wanted to interview the coach of Angola. Unfortunately he only spoke Portuguese...I said I spoke Spanish and I would give it a try. Walked right up to him said "Hola," and fired off a question in Spanish. (How do you feel about your game tomorrow against Germany?) Apparently I remembered the Spanish word for Germany?! (Alemania) and apparently I remembered the word for against?! (contra) Because the coach responded, in Portuguese. I was so excited I almost forgot to take notes. And the coach felt 'fine' about the game. Definitely one of my favorite Olympic moments here so far.


***********************************************************************************
PHOTO UPDATE:
Uploaded the pictures of me eating the duck feet, just check out the "I ate duck feet" post.
I promised my Mom I would post a pic of me in my uniform at some point in the next 24 hours. I know you're all excited for that.
Australia is up 10-0.

没有评论: