2008年8月25日星期一

Mens Football Gold Medal Match


Friday night our manager told us we could go to the Bird's Nest for the Gold medal match for mens football. (Since I am in Beijing and not the US I am calling it football for the remainder of the post...)

We found some empty seats in the highest section, with a great birds-eye view (ahahahaha I crack myself up). We settled in to watch the game, and I was the only one of our group rooting for Argentina. I'm sorry but Nigeria kicked the US out so I'm a little bitter.

It was really awesome to be in the Bird's Nest as a spectator and not as an ONS Flash Quote Reporter. I could go get a beer for 5 RMB (but I didn't because it was barely noon) or I could cheer for my team or I could get up and do the 'Mexican Wave'. The wave is apparently called the Mexican Wave in China...still not sure why.

At halftime, we ended up making our way to another press tribune (not the one we normally work/sit in). It was pretty sweet. During the half, the 'cheerleaders' came out and did some dances, but the FUWA stole the show. They danced around and some of them ran around the cheerleaders trying to confuse them. It was hilarious.

Pic: Fuwa (small and large sizes) on the track with the 'cheerleaders'


The game was great too...it had been a while since I got to see a 'proper football match' and I remembered why I enjoy the sport so much.

没有评论: