2008年8月27日星期三

Leaving Beijing...no words

Well, obviously there are words...millions. This trip has been such an amazing, eye-opening, life-changing...there are not enough cliches to explain how I feel about China. So I will try in my own words.

My bags are all packed...with the seams on my LL Bean duffle literally bursting. Our shuttle is coming to take us to the airport in 15 minutes.

There are so many things I am going to miss--the people, the food...the OLYMPICS! The fun interactions with our taxi drivers on 4, 5 or 6 am cab rides. Singing "Beijing wang ying ni" (my Pinyin is horrible but it means Beijing welcomes you, and there are 25 Chinese superstars, including Jackie Chan, singing the song. It's pretty awesome--I bought a DVD of the music video so you will all get to see it) at all hours of the day, anywhere and getting smiles from everyone.

I will miss the friendly smiles everywhere...and people trying to help us if we were lost with hand gestures, pointing, and often, walking us directly where we need to go.

I will miss the Olympics, and the 'glory of sport'. It was such a great moment for Beijing, and the people here could not have been more welcoming and accepting.

There is so so much more I want to write, so I will try to write some more on the plane.

没有评论: